R1Soft is not discovering partitions or file systems

Today I managed to fix an issue that I had been struggling with for quite a few days. I have been running a new VPS which uses Xen and had been struggling with getting R1Soft to detect the filesystems. The R1Soft client was detecting the partitions however was not picking up the filesystems on the partitions.

After quite literally a week of searching and hunting I found the answer on R1Soft’s site and it has to do with a quirk of the way Xen works. If you find you have run into this issue pop over to “Running the CDP Agent on Xen” and you should be right as rain in no time.