I am happy to release version 1.1 of the Default Browser workflow for Alfred.
This is a workflow that I have been putting together for some time and today I have released a major update to include more browsers, improved speed and a general overhaul of awesomeness.
If you have ever wanted to be able to quickly switch browsers on OSX, this might just be up your alley. My biggest desire was to be able to switch between Chrome (just an awesome browser) and Safari (for when I need to be power conscious while running on battery). This Alfred workflow fits that bill perfectly.
- Download the .alfredworkflow file from github directly
- Check out the official post on the Alfred Community forums
- Have a browse of the workflow on Packal – the global repository for Alfred workflows
This workflow represents many hours effort of development, testing and rework. The images that have been licensed for this workflow from DepositPhotos also needed a bit of my moolah. So if you love the workflow, and get use out of it every day, if you would like to donate as a thank you to buy me more caffeine giving Diet Coke, some Cake, or to put towards a shiny new gadget you can donate to me via Paypal.
Browsers currently supported:
- Chromium – New in V1.1
- Canary – New in V1.1
- SeaMonkey – New in V1.1
- Version 1.1 – Feature Release
- Feature: Support additional browsers – added Chromium, Canary and SeaMonkey
- Feature: Only show installed browsers
- Feature: Indicate which browser is the current default
- Feature: Added hotkey assignments (to launch workflow, launch with “chrome”, and launch with “safari”)
- Improvement: Renamed description in Alfred to simply “Default Browser”
- Improvement: Improved failure feedback
- Improvement: Major code refactor to remove duplication and speed up the workflow
- Improvement: Added an icon to the workflow
- Improvement: defaultbrowser binary has been updated to better support integrating. This code has been put into a pull request for the official publication of defaultbrowser.
- Margus has been kind enough to permit me to include the binary for defaultbrowser as part of this workflow to make distribution significantly easier.
- For any issues with the defaultbrowser binary please log these to the official DefaultBrowser Issue Tracker.
DefaultBrowser Alfred workflow created by Stuart Ryan. If you would like to get into contact you can do so via:
With the exception of the workflow logo, this Alfred Workflow is provided free of charge under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2 June 1991.
The workflow logo is licensed only for use in this workflow and must be changed if the workflow is forked in the future.
The workflow logo has been licensed from DepositPhotos to Stuart Ryan.