Do you have a burning technical question, why does a computer do X instead of Y? Something I love doing is sharing my knowledge, and while I can’t guarantee that I can answer every burning question that people have, something I would like to do is at least open up to see if there are some questions that I can help out with. Whether it is something simple from someone less technically savvy, or something at the very geeky end of the scale, I would love to tackle any questions that I can.
Therefore today, I am putting the feelers out to my readers (and anyone that finds my little corner of the internet here). Is there a technical, geeky or computer oriented question you would love to get answered? As I said, no promises that I can answer every question but the ones that are on topics that I know, I can certainly give a whirl.
Some topics that I should definitely be able to assist with include:
- Desktop/laptop questions (PC or Mac)
- Web Hosting
- Getting started with Dedicated Servers or VPSs
- cPanel and WHM (web hosting control panels)
- WordPress and Blogging
- Speed optimisation of web sites
- Atlassian suites of products (Confluence, Jira, Fisheye, Crowd)
- iPads and iPhones
- Software recommendations for Mac computers
- How-To style questions
- Recommendations on a product/service to do (X), I usually have a solution up my sleeve for most scenarios or can help find one out
- Or come up with your own
The only thing I ask is that before you ask a question you have done your research, had a look on the internet, used Google and are still confused, puzzled or need further clarification. This is so that I can focus on giving help where a Google search hasn’t revealed the answer or someone needs a very specific response surrounding a particular scenario.
So with that in mind, leave a comment here with your question and I will see what I can do. If I can answer your question, you will get an answer and I will get a great idea for a blog post.