Turns out that there *is* an uninstaller. No idea if it works or not but to access it, right click the installer package and select “Show Contents” then under the packages directory there is an uninstaller. This was apparent in the install program however when you selected to uninstall you could not select next. Thanks to @gwaterhouse for that one. so if you are still having issues the below will also work for you.
If you took the silly plunge and installed the Apple OSX Broadband Tuner on your OSX Machine only to find that there in fact was no “optional uninstall” available for it fear not, read on to find out how to remove the changes.
Firstly, the requisite disclaimer. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK using the sudo command can be dangerous in nooby hands.
Lesson learned… don’t trust that an uninstall will work, I have to say Apple if you have something on your site that makes such intricate changes to the system PLEASE provide an uninstaller if you are going to put it up there.
Update: A mate said that there is in fact an uninstaller in there. No idea how but this is the version I got and there ain’t be no uninstaller in there:
Running two versions of a browser on one machine is something that should be easy… but not always. Recently I needed to assist with deploying a fix to a slightly larger userbase than normal and provide the ability for Mac OSX users to concurrently run two versions of Firefox.
Therefore after researching this in my own time this weekend I have thrown together these simple launchers to make the process far more easy for everyone. If you follow the steps below you should be up and running in no time. Before we begin though PLEASE back up your existing Firefox Profile.
Firstly download the two versions of Firefox you want, for the latest build see the Latest Downloads page, or for the previous build see the Older Downloads page. Following that get your hands on the launchers I have created: Firefox Workaround Zip File.
Assumptions: You already have one version of Firefox installed on your machine and that you would like to run Firefox 3 and Firefox 4.
OK so I am a realist, the above will only work for the aforementioned versions of Firefox and we would like to give you the ability to make some changes, or you want to name the folders differently (or whatever issues you may have).
I figured that it might be nice to have a version of the loaders that will load any version of Firefox, one old and one new. Therefore if you download the Firefox Workaround Generic you can use the following settings:
New Firefox: Application Name: Firefox Profile Name: Firefox Default
Old Firefox: Application Name: Firefox Old Profile Name: Firefox Old
This should allow you to not have to continuously overwrite the loaders if you wish to have this available as a permanent solution. Then when a new major version is released, before you upgrade just replace the application names.
Let me know if you have any feedback or ways of improving this.
After having issues with Commission Junction zeroing out my account recently as I had not earned any new commissions in a while I had been hunting around for a better way to get affiliate commissions on some of my posts.
Sidebar: I have never actually made a single cent LOL I blog because I enjoy it, not to make money but I figure I might as well have the links there especially when I am doing reviews of products and that sort of thing.
So today I have installed VigLink to see what will happen, basically it automatically handles all the affiliate stuff I need without me having to do anything. In the interest of complete disclosure this does now mean that any link out of my blog may be an affiliate link but once again I stress that this in no way changes the content that I write and does not influence my opinions at all.
With privacy a large concern for consumers today, you can imagine my surprise when I logged into My Telstra account to see another person’s account information including account numbers, outstanding amounts, telephone numbers and associated information. Today I noticed the release of Telstra’s new MyAccount portal which I assume happened overnight. Curious I attempted to log in and after an hour and several tries later I managed to get into the new site and have a poke around. Although there does seem to be some general teething issues (which were mentioned to the @Telstra twitter account) it seemed rather shmick.
However upon logging in a bit later this morning to see if the issues were resolved I was concerned when seeing another customer’s account data presented to me rather than my own. In the two screenshots below you can see the first does not have a matching name or account number (and shows three separate services) belonging to Samantha and the second screenshot shows my actual account which has a matching name and account number.
As this only occurred once it is unknown if this issue is widespread. Telstra has been contacted for comment via Twitter (hey I am not a Journo so I don’t know the official channel) but has yet to respond. So have a look at the below images (click to enlarge) what are your thoughts, as a Telstra customer myself I am less than impressed and am curious to see how they will resolve my concerns.
Update: 12:45pm – Greg from the Telstra Customer Service Team is reviewing my account and reviewing the reported issues. Further details to follow as they arise. 2:40pm – Greg has phoned me and the team has been analysing my account over the past hour (and are continuing to do so). At this stage it looks as though it has only affected my account and not others.